THE NATURE BREAK PROGRAM
- Did you know that immersion in a certain type of nature can boost your immune system for several days?
- That a non-pathogenic bacterium, called the “new Prozac” because it acts on the effects of stress, is found in forest soil?
- Did you know that nature stimulates specific areas of your brain that restore your concentration and increase your productivity?
Prepared over 4 years, based on more than 1500 studies, the Nature Break Program reveals the forest as you have never seen it before: a partner in cognitive and physical health in a society that is increasingly soliciting our mental resources.
During a 90-minute guided journey through the forest, you will discover and experience through multisensory exercises a new way of living nature thanks to recent advances in scientific research on the benefits of nature.
You will emerge transformed with a new sense of well-being and knowledge, with connection tools that can be easily used to maintain your balance and the irrepressible desire to return to the forest.
A non-sporting activity, in clear language accessible to all.
WHY DO THEY USE THE NATURE BREAK?
- Entrepreneurs, board members, community leaders
Discover innovative and healthy methods to preserve mental, cognitive and physical health
Discover how recourse to nature can strengthen leadership skills (strategic decision-making, problem solving, etc.) in times of stress
- Organizers of congresses, seminars and trade shows
Offer their participants a break to restore their attention and recharge during the event
Discover the scientifically proven benefits of nature on cognitive and physical health
- Information Technology (IT), Creativity and Innovation Professionals,
Use healthy methods to reduce visual and cognitive fatigue
Discover how to use contact with nature to optimize your creative process
- Professionals from all backgrounds and more particularly: police, army, fire brigade, legal profession, medical sector, etc.
How to use contact with nature to increase resistance to stress
Reduce stress and anxiety for university students
THE NATURE BREAK : A DUAL IMPACT ACTIVITY
Impact on participants
The time of retreat offered by this activity is an exceptional contribution to private and professional life :
- Recovery of executive attention and concentration
- Feeling of well-being, vitality and intellectual clarity
- Strengthening the immune system, heart condition
“I wasn’t familiar with these studies on nature and neuroscience. I understood how my daily actions and environment affect the quality of my life and work. This knowledge is priceless.”
Ilaya B. lawyer
“I go hiking and camping very often, but I was surprised to discover that I could also use nature in this way…”
Christine B., entrepreneurial project manager
The revenues generated by this pioneering activity allow the L’Université dans la Nature to fund research on the health benefits of nature.
To book the Nature Break activity please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org]
We are always looking for a variety of nature (mountains, forests, islands, beaches, deserts) throughout Canada and the world to host our activities: if you are interested in our mission and want to make your natural space available, contact us !