IN MONTREAL, FROM JUNE TO OCTOBER 2019
TREAT YOURSELF TO A NATURE BREAK
IN THE HEART OF THE CITY
In an unspoiled natural setting in the heart of Montreal, experience the impact of nature on the stress and mental fatigue that affect the well-being and productivity of your employees.
Stress is the primary cause of burn-out and presenteeism in your organization.
A UNIQUE PROGRAMME BASED ON A RIGOROUS SCIENTIFIC BASIS
L’Université dans la Nature’s Nature Break program was designed on the basis of more than 150 scientific studies conducted in Scandinavia, Asia and the United States.
Objective and quantitative measurements made with thousands of people have shown that a brief immersion in nature
- reduces mental fatigue and stress,
- restores attention and increases concentration capacity.
While the city generates delta, theta and beta waves in the brain, nature generates alpha waves that are related to brain strengthening, greater mental clarity, improved concentration, improved work performance, and decreased anxiety. This state of the brain producing alpha waves is called the Default Mode Network.
- You will be transported to a natural island or a forest a few minutes from downtown Montreal.
- A UdN guide will accompany you in your 30-minute immersion experience integrating :
- a non-cognitive activity supervised by experts from L’Université dans la Nature : experiment the Default Mode Network, through the use of nature.
- a tool to prolong the benefits of nature.
3. You will be returned to your departure location.
WHO IS IT FOR ?
- Participants in conferences, seminars and trade shows as part of a break activity.
- Groups of professionals from sectors of focus for our research : IT, medical, creativity and innovation, education, police, army, firefighters, legal, etc.
- Groups of employees working in factories
NATURE BREAK : A DOUBLE IMPACT ACTIVITY
Impact on participants
The time of retreat offered by this activity is an exceptional contribution to private and professional life
- Recovery of executive attention and concentration
- Feeling of well-being, vitality and intellectual clarity
- Strengthening the immune system, cardiac health
The revenues generated by this avant-garde activity allow L’Université dans la Nature to offer university students, the decision-makers of tomorrow, free access to an innovative workshop based on our methodologies, currently in effect at Building 21 of McGill University (Montreal): The Forest.
The University thus aims to contribute to reducing the vertiginous increase in mental health problems in universities and in their future professional lives by helping them to use nature as a tool for rebalancing.
We are always looking for a diversity of landscapes (mountains, forests, islands, beaches, deserts) across Canada and around the world to host our activities: if you are interested in our mission and want to make your natural space available, contact us!